
Brody "Then"...............................Brody "Now"
Emmerson "Then"....................... Emmerson "Now"
On the first anniversary of your birth, I wanted to tell you all about that special day. It was the best day of our lives and we will always remember fondly the day we were blessed with our three precious babies.
July 2, 2007
It was exactly one year ago today that you broke your water Emmi and we headed off to the hospital, unsure of what to expect...
It was just after 5:00 pm, Monday, July 2, 2007 and I had just finished posting the fact that we had made it a couple days past 30 weeks. Although this was good, we were hoping for at least 2 more weeks. Daddy had just finished working on the patio, plopped down on the couch, and fell asleep. I thought...boy he worked hard today....I will get up and get myself some water. Since being on complete bed rest, I usually would ask him to get my drinks, which he was always more than happy to do.
Just as I sat up, my water broke. Could this really be happening? I woke Daddy up, who always wakes in a "fiesty" manner, and he sat up..."What? What?" he said, still half asleep. "My water broke" I said. He just stared at me. I repeated my sentence. Again, nothing. I said, "John, we need to go the hospital." He jumped up...and began trying to figure out the next step. I went into the shower and packed a few last minute things. Daddy was a little frantic but surprisingly, we were both relatively calm. Grandma Linda was dropping something off, so I asked her to stay and take care of the dogs as we headed off.
We made it to Lutheran General in record time, 1 hour 10min. They were expecting us when we arrived, and within minutes, I was in labor and delivery where they began monitoring my contractions and all of your heartbeats. Then...a second water bag broke (Brody's we think)...we really began to worry. Since the bags broke naturally, the doctors would not let me continue to take the meds I was on to stop contractions. The bags may have broken due to infection and you all might be in distress. So we kept a watchful eye and hoped my body would resist going into labor. However, I was measuring at 48 weeks pregnant...
As the night went on, my contractions were not very often and things looked good for a while and it seemed like I wasn't going to go into full-blown labor. We were told that you all could live in the womb after the water breaks for weeks, so we were hoping for a couple weeks of bed rest.
July 3, 2007
No matter what our plans...God knew that today was to be your birthday.
Then...at just after 3:00 am on July 3rd, it was inevitable...my contractions became stronger and more often and Logan, your heart rate showed signs of distress. It was time for an emergency C-section.
We were both so nervous...This was too early!...Would you be alright? The neonatologist (NICU doc) came in to tell us the "statistics" on survival and estimated length of time in the NICU for babies being born at 30 w 3 days. Although 30 weeks had very good odds, it was not enough to calm our nerves. Daddy needed to wait outside the operating room while they prepped me. It was hard being separated from him during that time. I was really scared. I remember crying so hard the they could barely get the local anesthetic in. The nurse helped calm me down and I said a prayer that God would be with all of us at that moment.
The Delivery:
Once everything was set, it went amazingly fast! The doctors began at 4:34 am and at 4:43, Emmerson Lyn, you entered the world. Followed at 4:44 by you Brody William. And,Logan John at 4:45 am you joined your brother and sister. You were all so tiny! The nurses and doctors worked on each of you intensely and I could hear a bunch of medical jargon being yelled out. Emmi and Brody, you both needed some help breathing at first. Logan, you were the only one we heard cry. Both Daddy and I were anxiously waiting to hear that you were all doing well. Finally, a nurse came over to me and said...they are all breathing, and they are perfect! Daddy gave me a kiss and we both breathed a sigh of relief.
I only got a quick look at you as they wheeled you off to the NICU in incubators. After Daddy escorted me to recovery, he officially got to meet you when he visited the NICU. Soon after, he proudly showed you off to all your grandparents who arrived wide-eyed at 5:00 am!
This was the beginning of your story... tomorrow will mark one year from the day that God sent you three precious babies to us to care for, learn from, teach, hold, worry about, laugh with, experience life through, teach you to know Him, model for, encourage, support, and above all love unconditionally. We are so thankful for every moment that we have with you...Happy Birthday Emmerson, Brody and Logan! We love you all so much! Love, Mommy and Daddy
July 2, 2007
It was exactly one year ago today that you broke your water Emmi and we headed off to the hospital, unsure of what to expect...
It was just after 5:00 pm, Monday, July 2, 2007 and I had just finished posting the fact that we had made it a couple days past 30 weeks. Although this was good, we were hoping for at least 2 more weeks. Daddy had just finished working on the patio, plopped down on the couch, and fell asleep. I thought...boy he worked hard today....I will get up and get myself some water. Since being on complete bed rest, I usually would ask him to get my drinks, which he was always more than happy to do.
Just as I sat up, my water broke. Could this really be happening? I woke Daddy up, who always wakes in a "fiesty" manner, and he sat up..."What? What?" he said, still half asleep. "My water broke" I said. He just stared at me. I repeated my sentence. Again, nothing. I said, "John, we need to go the hospital." He jumped up...and began trying to figure out the next step. I went into the shower and packed a few last minute things. Daddy was a little frantic but surprisingly, we were both relatively calm. Grandma Linda was dropping something off, so I asked her to stay and take care of the dogs as we headed off.
We made it to Lutheran General in record time, 1 hour 10min. They were expecting us when we arrived, and within minutes, I was in labor and delivery where they began monitoring my contractions and all of your heartbeats. Then...a second water bag broke (Brody's we think)...we really began to worry. Since the bags broke naturally, the doctors would not let me continue to take the meds I was on to stop contractions. The bags may have broken due to infection and you all might be in distress. So we kept a watchful eye and hoped my body would resist going into labor. However, I was measuring at 48 weeks pregnant...
As the night went on, my contractions were not very often and things looked good for a while and it seemed like I wasn't going to go into full-blown labor. We were told that you all could live in the womb after the water breaks for weeks, so we were hoping for a couple weeks of bed rest.
July 3, 2007
No matter what our plans...God knew that today was to be your birthday.
Then...at just after 3:00 am on July 3rd, it was inevitable...my contractions became stronger and more often and Logan, your heart rate showed signs of distress. It was time for an emergency C-section.
We were both so nervous...This was too early!...Would you be alright? The neonatologist (NICU doc) came in to tell us the "statistics" on survival and estimated length of time in the NICU for babies being born at 30 w 3 days. Although 30 weeks had very good odds, it was not enough to calm our nerves. Daddy needed to wait outside the operating room while they prepped me. It was hard being separated from him during that time. I was really scared. I remember crying so hard the they could barely get the local anesthetic in. The nurse helped calm me down and I said a prayer that God would be with all of us at that moment.
The Delivery:
Once everything was set, it went amazingly fast! The doctors began at 4:34 am and at 4:43, Emmerson Lyn, you entered the world. Followed at 4:44 by you Brody William. And,Logan John at 4:45 am you joined your brother and sister. You were all so tiny! The nurses and doctors worked on each of you intensely and I could hear a bunch of medical jargon being yelled out. Emmi and Brody, you both needed some help breathing at first. Logan, you were the only one we heard cry. Both Daddy and I were anxiously waiting to hear that you were all doing well. Finally, a nurse came over to me and said...they are all breathing, and they are perfect! Daddy gave me a kiss and we both breathed a sigh of relief.
I only got a quick look at you as they wheeled you off to the NICU in incubators. After Daddy escorted me to recovery, he officially got to meet you when he visited the NICU. Soon after, he proudly showed you off to all your grandparents who arrived wide-eyed at 5:00 am!
This was the beginning of your story... tomorrow will mark one year from the day that God sent you three precious babies to us to care for, learn from, teach, hold, worry about, laugh with, experience life through, teach you to know Him, model for, encourage, support, and above all love unconditionally. We are so thankful for every moment that we have with you...Happy Birthday Emmerson, Brody and Logan! We love you all so much! Love, Mommy and Daddy


4 comments:
awwwwwwwwww...I'm a bit choked up! can it already be one year?
Wishing the triplets a VERY happy birthday. I hope you all have a wonderful day together! YAY!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMERSON, BRODY & LOGAN!!! WE CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S BEEN A YEAR!!! YOU ARE ALL WONDERFUL BLESSINGS! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ON SATURDAY TO HELP YOU CELEBRATE YOUR 1st BIRTHDAY!!!
My three came at 30 wks, 3 days too. Your little ones are precious. A very Happy Birthday to each one of them!
Post a Comment