Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tubes for Brody

So Brody needed to have tubes put in his ears to help drain the fluid that has been built up for months. It has caused him to fail his last 2 hearing tests, so after trying to dry up the fluid with meds that proved no change, we are opted for the surgery. He had the surgery at Rush Copley on March 12th at 7:30 am. It was a simple surgery and only took a total of 20 min. Brody did great! He was in such a good mood, despite being woke up at 6:00 am. (They usually don't wake until 8:00...great sleepers!) He didn't cry when the nurse took him back and they returned him to the room before he was awake again. He came out of anesthesia pretty well and within 2 hours, he was completely back to his old self! We have already seen such improvement in his ability to repeat words and verbalize things he hears. We are so happy that he had the surgery and we think he is happy as well!






3 comments:

Momma-of-5 said...

So glad Brody's doing so well with his tubes. I had them WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back in the day (I think I was 6) to fight the ear infections that I got...weekly! I also had my adnoids out. What are adnoids? Anyway...I never thought of the hearing and development issues that EI could cause. So glad you guys were able to catch it early.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see Brody did well with his surgery. I think it's harder on the parents sometimes! Hope the tube really help him!

Jennifer said...

I'm glad the tubes made such a difference for Brody. Our trio just got them last month, and I too, notice a big improvement... plus no more ear infections :-). The pictures you took of your big brave boy are just too cute.

Here's a link to our 'fun' day of surgeries http://tripletsruninmyfamily.blogspot.com/2009/04/day-of-surgeries.html