So, I shared this with my triplet groups, and a couple of them told me I needed to document this story, so I thought I would post it to the blog.
About a week ago, I decided to venture outside to our backyard with my trio. It was the first nice day in a while and we all needed a change of scenery. My yard is fenced and we have a swing set and other toys for them, so I thought this was going to be a nice, quiet day out in the backyard..miraculously! So, about 20 min into our outside play time, where everything was going so smooth, I hear a crash...glass breaking. Brody had found a candle we had hid behind the grill last summer. (needless to say, I didn't see it or know it was there, but he found it of course!). Anyway,I tried to find a way to collect most of the glass, keep the 3 kids and my 2 dogs from running through it and somehow go inside and get the broom. Miraculously, I managed to get the broom and shoo off the audience. As I was just about to be done cleaning up the glass on the patio, I realized that everything was a bit too quiet...so I looked up. My boys had found a nice, fresh pile of dog poop and were mushing it through their hands like lotion. They proceeded to wipe it on their shirts and on the patio. At this point I wanted to cry, but I gathered up all the strength I could muster and found and attached the hose. Sprayed them down, the patio, took off and rinsed their shirts. Unfortunately, I didn't attach the hose well, and it created a mud puddle by the connection.. ..and where was Emmi during all this...yep.. .playing in the mud water...which she managed to cover her head, arms, legs and clothes with. I quickly sprayed her down, stripped her naked and proceeded in the house with 3 soaked and naked children. And that was our nice, quiet day out in the backyard! Hope this made you smile...:) I find it funny- now- in hindsight!
2 comments:
You couldn't find time to take pictures while all of this was going on?
John
Your blog is great! You have 3 beautiful children. I'm hoping this backyard adventure is not a typical day.
Nina
Post a Comment