Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Chicago Trip with the Weis(s)

I copied this post directly from my friend Melissa's blog. She did such a nice job telling about our trip, I thought I would just share it here. We had such a wonderful time!

We headed in Sunday afternoon and started our mini-trip with a stop at a Japanese restaurant (Domo 77). It was delicious. After that we drove downtown and checked into our hotel. After spending a little time walking around, we got in the car and headed to Lincoln Park to grab some appetizers before going to Second City. It was a very fun night. It was fun to get to see the place where so many big comedians have come from and we enjoyed plenty of laughs throughout the evening. We got out of the show around ten o'clock and headed to Chicago Pizza Grinder for some late night dinner. It's funny what a different schedule you can be on when you don't have kids in the mix!

The next morning we slept in, went out for breakfast and enjoyed a swim in the hotel pool. Afterwords, we got ready and headed to the Taste. This was the first time I had ever been there. I enjoyed the atmosphere a lot. It was such a perfect day - 72 degrees, a slight breeze with very few people there. A Monday is definitely the day to go. It was perfect! We then spent the afternoon walking around Lake Michigan and Millennium Park before heading home. Such a great time! Thanks to Eric and Melissa for the great company and for Grandma and Grandpa for babysitting!
At Second City waiting for the show to begin.


Enjoying an early morning breakfast at the Corner Bakery which was just next to our hotel.


Eric and I in the lobby of our hotel, the Palmer Hilton.


Shelli and I enjoying some food at the Taste ... not sure what we're eating. Maybe gelato?



Walking around after the Taste.


Not sure what's going on here but this picture cracks me up so I threw it in.


Eric took this picture of the bean (not the real name but I can't seem to think of what it is really called .... all I know is that it looks like a bean) in Millennium Park.

No comments: