For those of you who don't know, I ended up in the hospital for almost 2 weeks on June 5th with preterm labor. It all started when I went to my doctors office for my regular check up and found out I had dialated to 2. My doctor then sent me to labor and delivery to see if I was contracting...I thought there was no way...but to my (and John's) suprise, I was and this meant I was in labor. I was given many different medicines to stop the labor and the babies and I were monitored closely. We spent the next 11 days at the hospital on strict bed rest. I was relieved when they let me go home. Although I am still on bed rest, it is so much better at home!!!
John has been awesome through all of this. He is very helpful and is committed to keeping these babies inside me for at least another 3 weeks. I am in awe of his patience.
We had our first check up on June 21 since I was released from the hospital. Everything checked out great. We are all doing well. I am feeling HUGE (I now measure 42 weeks pregnant) and have all the aches and pains that come with pregnancy, but other than that, things are good. I have not dialated any further and I am only having about 2 contractions an hour. All the babies scored very well on their bio profile at the doctors today which means they are all doing well. The are all about 3 lbs. and 15-16 inches long. Emmi is still the biggest, but the boys are only a couple of ounces behind.
I was 29 weeks pregnant on Saturday and we are hoping I will be able to carry them until 32 weeks at least. Anything past that will be icing on the cake. So, please keep us all in your thoughts and prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment