We are all very excited to start this adventure this
fall! And on a side note, I just can't
wait until these little blue eyed, blondies bust out Spanish! I bet the
reactions of people will be priceless! :)
Friday, May 4, 2012
We won the lottery!!!
Well, not the state lottery....but still very exciting! We were in the lottery for the dual language
program in our school district. There
were only 10 slots open for the upcoming school year and many families who
wanted to get into the program. We feel
very blessed that our family's name was chosen and that starting this fall, the
Kelsey triplets will be learning Spanish in a full immersion kindergarten
classroom. This program will continue
through 5th grade, at which point, they will most likely be bilingual and bi-literate.
What a wonderful opportunity!!
It was really hard being out of control of such a huge decision. We also had some concerns about the program
since it means not being at our home school and with only two sections, the
triplets will need to be together in some capacity. They have been in separate classrooms since
beginning preschool two years ago.
However, as we discussed all the unknowns and possibilities, and as our anxiety
grew, I told John, "we need to give this up to the Lord. If it
is meant to be, He will see it through. If we get in, it is where they are
meant to be....if not, the Lord has other plans for them. Things will work out just as they
should." It was at that moment that
I felt such peace with the entire process. Anytime I would get anxious, I would
pray that God would lead us and I would feel relaxed again.
The week that we found out, I think God was preparing my
heart for the news. He wanted to make sure that my "mommy worries"
would be put to rest. Although we have
never told the triplets about a possibility of a Spanish program, nor do we
even watch Dora, I found them playing in "Spanish". They set up a train and told me that it was a
"Spanish train". They proceeded
to make up their own words, which they pretended were Spanish, as they role
played the conductor and passengers. It was really cute, and let me know that
they would embrace an opportunity to learn another language. Then, later that week, I went to a triplet
tree dinner. I sat right next to another
triplet mom who has her children (4th grade) in a dual language program. She
was able to answer so many of my questions and concerns specifically related to
triplets. God works in wonderful and mysterious ways!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment