Thursday, July 19, 2007

Brody had Moved to an Open Crib!

Brody was moved to an open crib yesterday and has done very well so far! He has been out and maintained his temp now for almost 17 hours, so hopefully he will be able to stay out. They are thinking of trying Emmerson next. This brings me to our other great news... it turns out that Emmerson's scale in her crib has been broken since she arrived. After some weird readings yesterday, I asked the nurse to re-weigh her on Brody's scale and the other one in the room that they used to weigh the diapers on. She did, and we all were shocked...Emmerson is actually 1740 grams, NOT 1248 as we thought yesterday! I couldn't believe it! The nurse even asked for another scale to be brought in just to confirm again...and sure enough, 1740 grams or 3 lbs. 13.5 oz! I am SO relieved. I know they kept telling me not to worry about her weight loss, but when they started her on extra calories yesterday, I knew even they were starting to get a little concerned. So now we are on the right track! The boys are also doing well with weight gain. Logan is now 1480 grams or 3 lbs. 4.5 oz. and Brody is 1985 grams or 4 lbs. 6 oz.
Brody and Emmerson continue to have minor "spells" around their feeding time, but nothing that is concerning to the doctors. Breastfeeding is still going well. We are not expecting very much at this point, but they are at least all latching and sucking for a little while. Other than that, everyone is progressing very well!

No comments: