I am happy to say that the littlest miracle is now 3 lbs.! He is 1350 grams. Emmerson has finally started to gain weight again and is now at 1337 grams or 2 lbs. 15 oz. (almost at that 3 lb. mark again). Brody continues to be our heavy weight at a whopping 1960 grams or 4 lbs. 5 oz. They all are continuing to do very well. Emmerson has been holding her tempature so good that they might try to take her out of the incubator and put her in an open crib.
Each baby has gone up on their feeding and now eat over an ounce at each feeding. Needless to say I am having a difficult time keeping up with their breast milk demands, but we are just supplementing with formula. This past Saturday marked their 32 gestational week and this means that they will be assessed to see if they will be able to start sucking on a bottle or breast, although they are not expected to fully latch on until 33-34 weeks. This is one of the most crucial factors on how long their length of stay will be. Good eaters = out sooner; poor eaters = in for a little longer.
Brody is expected to come off his IV tomorrow and he was put onto clear fluids today. So far Emmerson and Logan have been tolerating their feeds and they should have their pic lines removed tomorrow or Tuesday.
John and I are planning on giving the babies their first baths today. We are wondering how that is going to go...we'll keep you posted.
1 comment:
I am so happy to hear the babies are doing so well. I look forward to reading your updates on your beautiful babies :)
Kari
Post a Comment