Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The triplets arrived safely at Copley!


Early this morning we received a call letting us know that the triplets were on their way to Copley. We got everything together and headed to the hospital. We were so anxious about their arrival. The ambulance pulled up right before we did, and when we got inside, the transport team was there getting them all ready to be put into their new incubators. When I saw them I started to cry. Last night was very nerve-wrecking for me and I was so relieved to see them there safe and sound! The trip was flawless and they are all doing well...comfy in their new (temporary) home. John and I are really pleased with Copley so far. The doctor is almost always in the room and the nurses really give the babies the personal attention we like to see. Overall, this seems to be a great move.

As far as Brody goes, he is doing very well. The hole that I referred to is actually on the outside of his heart, and funny enough, it is supposed to be there. This design feature is actually put there by mother nature and in full term babies it is closed by the time they are born. Since Brody came early, his body just hasn't "sealed" the gap yet and the medicine is supposed to help that process along. He is tolerating the medicine well and we should have word on his progress by Friday. We will keep you posted.

All of the babies are doing really well. Logan is now 2 lbs. 14 oz. (up 3 oz. from his birth weight) and Emmerson is 2 lbs. 15 oz. She has lost a little more weight, but they have increased her feeds and expect that to change in the very near future. Brody is our moose at nearly 4 lbs. (3lbs. 15 oz.) They are all still breathing completely on their own and are almost eating enough to be moved off of the supplemental IV food. This is great news!

Today was the first time I put them in clothes. It was so fun and they look so cute. Check out their adorable pictures on the right side of the screen. John and I are both feeling more comfortable with picking them up and holding them. We are really starting to feel like Mommy and Daddy now. Please continue to keep them in your prayers..they really seem to be working.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear the transfer went so smoothly and that Brody, Emmi, and Logan are all doing so well. - Karen Popovich

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you updated the website about the move! I've been thinking of you all day! I'm so glad they're all doing so well and are that much closer to home! Keep the pictures coming!

Michael Raczak said...

Thank you for keeping all your friends updated. This is an awesome tool for communication. Mimi and I are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Way to go Kelseys!